Business Intelligence Specialist
The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist is responsible for the design, development, implementation, training, and support of mission critical enterprise BI reporting as well as Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) processes and environments.
Working with cross-functional teams, the BI Specialist will gather, document, and translate business requirements for data analysis and reporting projects, as well as use BI and database tools to develop reporting solutions to meet business needs.
The BI Specialist will design, develop, and implement ETL processes to transform structured and disparate source data into the target data warehouse(s).
- Perform business analysis to gather BI reporting requirements
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications that will be used to design and configure BI reporting solutions
- Use ETL tools and techniques including complex queries to gather and prepare data
- Design, create, and maintain data visualizations and reports to include rollups, drill-downs, user-defined filters, complex permissions, and collections of related content
- Provide new user orientation, training, and technical support to business users across the organization
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
- 2+ years designing, developing, and implementing BI solutions and ETL processes
- 2+ years experience with data visualizations such as DOMO, Tableau, MicroStrategy, Power BI, etc.
- Strong knowledge of relational databases and data modeling concepts
- Proficiency with T-SQL and/or MySQL
- Familiarity with stored procedures and variables
- Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills to support working in project environments that include diverse customers and teams
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Programming/scripting experience and knowledge of the software development life cycle preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, assess, and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field is preferable. Equivalent combination of experience, education, and training will be considered