An Engagement Manager (Level 1) in Engagement Services, is an entry level position in Engagement Services. EMs will be teamed with a Senior Engagement Manager (SEM) who will serve as a mentor. Positions are responsible for delivering Value Added Services to engaged experts throughout the engagement. Engagement Services works hand-in-hand with our Sales, Research, Recruiting, Contracts, and Accounting teams to develop and maintain rewarding relationships with experts who are currently engaged.
The Engagement Manager (EM) will be assigned an alphabetic segment, by expert last name, of the expert population. You will stay in frequent contact with engaged experts delivering high touch service, keeping experts, client managers, and the Director of Engagement Services apprised of project status. You will work with your SEM to resolve issues, follow escalation procedures for billing/payment disputes and performing pro-active analysis to mitigate and prevent future disputes and issues. As an Engagement Manager you will be a self-starter, a go-getter, and have a broad business acumen.
The successful candidate will be motivated, creative, analytical, and efficient, and will have superior organizational and relationship management skills.
- Performs the onboarding for experts retained for an engagement in either a litigation support project as an expert witness or as a consultant in a business project
- Educate the expert as to roles and responsibilities in an engagement with IMS as the contractor and the expert as the sub-contractor in both a litigation support and a business consulting environment
- Gather and disseminate competitive intelligence from experts
- Serve as IMS liaison during the active engagement of experts, responding to questions, requests, needs, and updates
- Serve as coordinator of engagement tasks with the primary departments of Fulfillment, Contracts, Accounting, and Sales & Marketing
- Provide timely high touch service and exceptional follow up with all experts
- Serve as the single point of contact for all expert inquires and dispute coordination and resolution
- Actively work to service and improve all aspects of an expert engagement
- Requires excellent planning and organization skills
- Ability to develop a daily, weekly and monthly call plan
- Ability to set clear, realistic, time-bound objectives that align to business growth; breaking each objective into tasks and process steps that can be achieved
- Requires outstanding people skills and the ability to successfully build and leverage relationships
- Demonstrates initiative, follow through and the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve creatively, effectively and efficiently
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- BS or BA degree preferred
- Experience in business relationship management and/or customer relationship management preferred
- Law/consulting firm experience a plus
- Strong computer skills required, experience with Bullhorn is favorable