We are currently accepting applications from experienced candidates for a Content Marketing Intern position. This position reports to the company’s Director of Marketing and collaborates with a team of marketing professionals across content marketing, events and sponsorships, public relations, campaign coordination, branding and design, and digital marketing and advertising for the company’s service lines and brands.
The ideal candidate for this position will have at least one year of experience directly designing and executing content marketing and communications campaigns. Preference is given to candidates experienced with content campaign design and execution in a professional services industry, especially in consulting, legal, or tech-based professional services setting.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for continual learning, banding and integrated communications, and thought leadership; and should be evidence-driven, goal-oriented, excited about leveraging content marketing strategies to generate revenue and build national recognition, and eager to help the best team of marketing professionals in the U.S. legal professional services space drive revenue, grow professionally, and bolster a respected and trusted brand.
This position is project-based and anticipated to last four months, and may lead to additional growth opportunities within IMS.
KEY JOB DUTIES:
- Plan and execute content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, customer engagement, and leads that deliver sales and bolster customer retention
- Collaborate across functions and operational silos to deliver an effective editorial and content marketing projects to meet business objectives in cost-effective ways
- Bring a publisher’s mindset to day-to-day activities and marketing strategies: conceptualize and develop content that meets or exceeds target audience demands, improves user experience, and streamlines the path to customer conversion
- Maintain editorial governance for content projects in a manner consistent with brand architecture
- Support channel management of digital content hubs, including website, social media channels, podcasts, email, and earned media channels
- Measure and report performance of content marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Identify content campaign performance trends and insights, and optimize content campaigns and performance based on the insights
- Identify and recommend new and creative growth and positioning strategies that leverage relationships with expert witnesses, industry and legal thought leaders, IMS executives, and other key partner sets
- Collaborate with digital, PR, and events marketing colleagues to plan, execute, and measure experiments to test and improve KPIs including campaign ROI, conversions, reach, and engagement
- Collaborate with internal teams to integrate content into landing pages, digital campaigns, and user experiences that engage and lead to conversion and revenue
- Support strong relationships for IMS with targeted external publishers and collaborate with PR to bolster brand impressions through content campaigns
- Study the company’s objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build content marketing strategies that influence public and customer opinion, and promote services, strategies, and elicit desired behaviors
- Update and maintain relevant digital content
- Confer with colleagues and internal stakeholders to identify trends and needs relevant to the company’s content marketing strategy
- Bachelors (or working toward a bachelors) in marketing, journalism, integrated communications, or a related field.
- Experience designing and executing content marketing strategies.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and working knowledge of language style guides.
- Experience optimizing landing pages and user funnels through creative content marketing strategies.
- Experience with A/B and multivariate experiments.
- Working knowledge of website analytics tools, especially Google Analytics, Twitters Analytics dashboard, and SEMRush.
- Experience with WordPress, YouTube, podcasts, video production, and top social channels
- Experience building and optimizing digital ad campaigns
- Creative and process-driven marketer experienced working with target audience segmentation.
- Knowledge of innovative technology and legal industry media and marketing.
- Ability to balance day-to-day demands and tasks with big-picture strategic thinking.
- Ability to think creatively and execute tactically.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with legal industry and other relevant media sectors.
- Project management skills and the ability to prioritize and maintain a team mind-set amid multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Understanding of key social media channels and solid experience working with bloggers, vloggers, podcasters, and digital communicators.
- Responds well to constructive feedback and thrives under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner and self-starter with a teamwork mindset.
- Member of Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) a plus.