The Intellectual Property Law Section of the American Bar Association (ABA-IPL) is hosting their first virtual experience April 7th to 16th, 2021. IMS Consulting & Expert Services is proud to be a sponsor of the event to help support eight days of governance meetings, continuing legal education, presentations by the industry’s expert speakers, and multiple networking opportunities.
Events in the all-inclusive IPLSPRING Virtual will occur in an expanded schedule that is paced to the attendee’s day, including virtual exhibitor meeting rooms. Attendees will be able to stop by the IMS exhibitor meeting room to view informational videos and thought leadership articles and interact with team members.
Highlights of the week include Plenary Sessions featuring prominent in-house counsel and judges, and a keynote address on Tuesday April 13th, by Scott Martin, Deputy General Counsel, EVP, Paramount Pictures.
How the Shift in Political Power May Impact IP Issues Monday, April 12, 12:00 pm EST – 1:30 pm EST
- Judy Jennison, Partner, Perkins Coie LLP, Seattle, WA (Moderator) Kim Jessum, Associate General Counsel, Chief IP Counsel US and Secretary, Heraeus Inc., Yardley, PA
- David Jones, Executive Director, High Tech Innovators Alliance (HITA), Washington, DC
- William Krovatin, Senior Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Merck & Co., Inc., New York, NY
- Dan Lang, Vice President, Intellectual Property, Cisco Systems, San Francisco, CA Jennifer Yokoyama,
- Vice President and Deputy General Counsel, IP Group and Chief IP Counsel, Microsoft Corp., Redmond, WA
Patent Litigation in the District Court, ITC and Before the PTAB Wednesday, April 14, 12:00 pm EST – 1:30 pm EST (non-CLE)
- Matthew Blackburn, Partner, Diamond McCarthy LLP, San Francisco, CA (Moderator)
- Hon. Jacqueline Bonilla, Deputy Chief Judge, Patent Trial and Appeal Board, USPTO, Alexandria, VA
- Hon. Cameron Elliott, Administrative Law Judge, US International Trade Commission, Washington, DC
- Hon. Barbara M.G. Lynn, US District Court Judge, Northern District of Texas, Dallas, TX
One-on-One Conversation with the Register of Copyrights and Director of US Copyright Office Thursday, April 15, 12:30 pm EST – 1:30 pm EST (non-CLE)
- Vivian S. Lee, Principal Counsel, Intellectual Property, Corporate Legal, The Walt Disney Company, Los Angeles, CA
- Shira Perlmutter, Register of Copyrights and Director of the US Copyright Office, Washington, DC
#IPLSPRING #IPLSPRING2021 #IPLSPRINGVirtual